Saturday, February 14, 2015

Random thoughts: Diary of a whiny kid

Taking care of my son always give me flashbacks of myself when I am a kid.

When I get into secondary school, I had the most discontentments.

Discontented that:
My parents were always quarreling 
I need to help clean up the hawker stall at night
I lived in a cramped HDB that did not even have a table for study.
Do not have enough pocket money to go out with friends.
Do not have video games at home

Now I realised then I could

1) sleep as long as I liked as long as I do not have Saturday CCA training.
2) free to roam around until 8 pm before I reached home, even on non- CCA days
3) parents who didn't bother or too busy to bother about my studies, so that I grow independently and work at my own pace.
4) My parents who in return, never expect anything in return, be it money, time or love.

So, I wondered, 30 years later, when I looked back and see myself now, there will definitely be things which I missed. 

Some blessings which will only be understood in hindsight.

Then another thought came: 

If I knew what I know then, 20 to 25 years ago, would it make a difference.

I am not sure. I will still be unhappy with the quarreling. I might save better, with more allowance to go out with friends, but if not for yesterday experince, would I be what I am today?

At the end of the day, I do think hindsight understanding is overrated. 




1 comment:

  1. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete